The Rotary Club of Westerville is excited to offer the community a new venue for coming together and celebrating our brave men and women of the military.
We are proud to announce our annual Rotary Honors Veterans 5K Walk/Run. This is a family oriented 5K Walk/Run for adults and children that will honor our Veterans.
- Mission: The mission of the Rotary Honors Veterans 5K Walk/Run is "To honor, celebrate and recognize those Veterans that have provided the ultimate 'Service Above Self' commitment by serving and giving of themselves to our country." Each year our race committee will select a different local Veterans organization to be a beneficiary of this event.
- Beneficiary: The Ohio Fallen Heroes Memorial has been selected as the 2012 charitable beneficiary. This was founded and established in 2005 by several local veterans who had a vision to build a beautiful tribute to all of the men and women in uniform from Ohio that have made the ultimate sacrifice defending our country in the Global War on Terrorism since September 11th 2001. For more information please visit: http://www.ohiofallenheroes.org/
- Date: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012
- Ceremonies at 8:45 with a 9am start. Registration will begin at 7:30am and conclude at 8:30 to allow time for processing and ceremonies.
- Entry Fee: $27 before October 1st, $32 before October 27th, $37 October 28th through race day. When you register online, there are no additional fees. To download registration form for mailing, please click here.
- Kids Fun Run: $15. All pre-registered kids will receive a race shirt and finishers medal, with a few other goodies
- Goodie Bags: Excellent goodie bags with a few surprises. All pre-registered participants will receive a long sleeve race shirt, plus many other items. Late and same day registrants will receive a race shirt while supplies last.
- Free Race Photos: We have partnered with runphotos.com to provide a free, high resolution digital photo file of each pre-registered runner in the 5K. Runphotos is the foremost running photographer in the country, and they will do their best to capture every runner. To help make sure you receive your free photo, please pin your bib number to the front of your shirt. At the finish, look up and smile!
- See the 2011 photo gallery on our website now.
- Awards: The event will be chip timed and all registered finishers will receive a finisher's medal featuring the race logo.
- Packet Pick up: Available Monday, October 29th at Columbus Running Company 50 N. State Street Westerville OH 43081 Phone: 614.523.2377
- Parking: There is parking along Main Street across from the park.
- Team Challenge: The top teams will be recognized at the post event awards ceremony. Teams will be recognized for largest number of members and total pledge funds raised. The winning team will earn a complimentary 3 Star $1000 Sponsorship Levelfor the succeeding year. The second place team will earn a 2 Star $500 sponsorship.
- Team Rules: You must individually Pre-Register under your team name. The first person signing up for a team will create the team during registration process and all others signing up for that team will then see that team name in the drop down box